A quick guide on how to save your back while raking your yard this autumn season 😉
- 🚫NEVER bend over and twist. If you have to bag leaves, get down on one knee.
- 🖐️SWITCH HANDS. Yes, use both hands on top of the rake while raking. This will ensure both sides of your back muscles get the same work-out.
- 🚫 DO NOT reach with the rake. Simply go to the spot you wish to pick up and walk along while raking.
- 🏋️♂️ LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS. If you need to lift or throw bags of leaves, use your legs as much as possible. This puts less strain on your low back.
- 💧TAKE BREAKS. If you are getting tired, take a 5-10 minute break. Let your muscles relax while you grab a drink of water.
And remember to enjoy it! Winter is coming soon enough